What We Do
Getting Organized clinics
This program provides advocacy, support and education to people with developmental disabilities, their families and the community. Our goal is to promote self-determination, full community participation, self-reliance, good health and safety.
- Mentoring adults to discuss options and make decisions
- Working with adults to access services and basic needs supports
- Connecting adults with crisis assistance
- Assisting adults with paperwork and applications
- Advocating with adults to protect their rights and resolve issues
- Providing information and referrals
ACL advocates to meet the immediate health and safety needs of the people we serve. We continue to provide individual advocacy to people as they move out of crisis. We connect them with sources of emergency assistance and financial aid and mentor to identify the causes of crisis and help make a plan to avoid future crisis situations.